The wrist is a complex joint consisting of the bones of the lower arm (radius and ulna) and the carpal bones. Wrist injuries can be classified in two groups.
Acute injuries generally occur as a result of a fall or a collision with another player or an object. The injury is caused by the straining or twisting, the impact or the ‘bending double’ of the wrist. The most common symptoms are acutely occurring pain, swelling and reduced mobility the wrist. The pain is caused by the damage to the tissue around the wrist. Following the correct treatment, these problems generally disappear.
Wearing a PSB Wrist Brace can help to stabilise the wrist, enabling the damaged tissue to recover. The brace or support can also be worn outside sport, in the immediate aftermath of the injury.
- Gives the right support for extending and bending of the wrist
- Extra adjustable compression thanks to the elastic band
- Worn to prevent (primary and secondary) wrist injuries
- For chronic tendon sheath inflammation
- To be used in the event of overloading
How to measure your size:
The PSB Wrist Brace is available for both left and right wrist. To determine the correct size, measure around the wrist, between the hand and the end of the lower arm bones.
How to put on the PSB Wrist Brace:
- Make sure the brace fits properly between thumb and index finger
- Apply the correct pressure