Silicone Gel Sheet - Standard Natural
Biodermis Epi-Derm Silicone Gel Sheeting - Standard Natural
The Standard Natural (fabric backed) Epi-Derm silicone gel sheet provides a healing environment beneficial for burn scar reduction & therapy, as well as treatment of medium to large keloid and hypertrophic scars from surgery or trauma. It can be wrapped around a limb or cover medium scar areas on the torso, and can be trimmed for custom fitment.
Dimensions: 12 x 14.5 cm
Ingredients: Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Clear Silicone Gel). Epi-Derm Natural adds a Lycra (Spandex) fabric liner.
- Ideally dimensioned for medium to large scars from burns, road rash, or keloid and hypertrophic scars from surgery or trauma
- The most comfortable silicone sheeting in the industry! Significantly thinner than competitors, allowing Epi-Derm to conform precisely to body contours
- Clinically proven to reduce, flatten, fade and smooth scars -- both old and new
- Helps prevent the formation of new scars
- FDA Class 1 medical device used in hospitals and clinics
- 100% medical grade silicone
- Washable & reusable
- Can be easily trimmed
Optimal wearing time for Epi-Derm Silicone Gel Sheeting is 24 hours per day. If it is not possible to wear the gel sheet for the recommended 24 hour period, a minimum of 12 hours per day is required, washing per the instructions below once in that period. Follow this procedure each day, washing and re-applying the gel sheeting to the scar for 1 to 2 weeks. At that time the piece of gel sheeting will begin to lose its adhesive quality and/or may become embedded with surface dirt. When this occurs, discard the piece of gel sheeting and apply a new piece.
The overall optimal period of use is usually 8 to 12 weeks.
Remove the Epi-Derm every 12 hours to wash both the scar and the gel sheet using SilqueClenz Cleansing Wash. In a basin of warm water, work up a small amount of lather with the cleansing wash. Gently wash the piece of gel sheeting in the soapy water, rinse, and then air dry. Make sure the sheeting is completely dry before re-applying to the scar. After washing, rinsing and drying the scar site re-apply the piece of gel sheeting.